odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Updates and Paternity Questions
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Writing Update: I’m in the middle of the fourth chapter and have written almost 7,000 words. I’m moving right along. I’ve stopped trying to create the perfect writing atmosphere and decided to grab the moments that I can, i.e. right after work, first thing in the morning, before I go to bed … whenever I have a few minutes to spare.

Dancing Update: We only have a few classes left … dress rehearsal is next week and the performance(s) are Father’s Day weekend. I’m not really nervous … just anxious to get on stage and do the damn thing. My sister and I performed the dance for our daughters and they have decided that my sister is the technical guru and has all the steps down but I’m the funkier of the two of us … so if she gets funkier and I get more technical we’ll be perfect. Practice. Practice. Practice. I can’t wait. I haven’t decided if this dancing thing is a one-time venture or if I will take the class again next year. I may as well continue – it is the only exercise I get.

Weight Update: I haven’t gained any more weight but I can safely say that I can no longer wear a size 4 (poor little thin girl) and the capris that I bought last year are now kind of snug in the thigh, hip and ass areas. I guess that’s not a bad thing.

Check out this conversation that was relayed to me by a friend:

Elderly Husband in poor health: Well, the one good thing about getting all these blood transfusions is that I know my blood type. It’s O+

Elderly Wife in relatively good health: So am I. I remember because that’s the universal type.

Daughter of Elderly Couple: What did you say, Ma?

Elderly Wife: I’m O+.

Daughter of Elderly Couple: How can that be? I’m A+.

**crickets**

Elderly Wife in relatively good health: Don’t look at me like that! That’s your father.

Daughter of Elderly Couple: Yeah whatever.

Apparently, the elderly husband was oblivious to this side conversation because he had no reaction to this little tidbit.

The daughter is convinced that her mother will back pedal in a few days and say that she was mistaken about her blood type. Which isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. I guess.

What would you do?

I’ve been in this situation … discovering that the man I thought was my father really wasn’t. I was sixteen when I made the discovery. It was horrible and every idealistic thought that I had regarding my mother disappeared. I took her off the pedestal that she occupied my whole life and she became human to me for the first time. This was a defining moment for me. I think this may have been when I started to question everything that I believed to be true. I still do that. There are very few things that I consider to be 100% truth. I’m suspicious by nature and I always assume that someone has an ulterior motive.


Sometimes it sucks to be me.
Blessed by chele at 9:40 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?