Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm happy to announce that I'm actually making progress. During this long weekend I have managed to write two chapters, almost 3,600 words. Not alot but it is definitely a start. I promised my daughter that I would take her to the beach today so we're off to do that.
It's beautiful here and a perfect long weekend. Friday we went to see X3. Me and the kids really enjoyed it. My children and I have different movie-going styles. I prefer going to Sunday afternoon matinees at Greenbrier while the kids would rather go on opening night in Lynnhaven. I gave them this one. We planned to get some dinner first and then head on over to the theater. We decided to go to Uno's because it was right across the street from the theater. Now, in my son's infinite movie wisdom he calculated that we better be heading to the theater by 8:00 if we wanted to get a good seat. The movie started at 8:40. We went to Uno's at 7:00, waited 15 minutes for a table, ordered our food as soon as the waiter came to take our drink orders and waited another 15 minutes for the food to come out. When Josh, the waiter, brought the food and asked if we needed anything else, my son says, "Tell him to bring the check, Mom." You have never seen four people eat food so quickly as we did on Friday night. It was pure comedy. My son inhaled his burger. His friend Tim, picked at the fries and looked at the burger like it was poisonous. "Something wrong with your burger, Tim?" I asked. He said no. My son said, "You better hurry up, dude." My daughter was playing with her chicken fingers and my son reprimanded her. I was trying to eat my salad at a reasonable pace and I also got the evil eye. Needless to say, we finshed our meals in less than 12 minutes and were walking out the door toward the theater.
I bought the tickets during my lunch break on Friday afternoon so I knew we would have no problems getting in. But why did my nieces show up at 7:00 expecting to get into the same show as us? Too funny. To their shock and amazement all the shows were sold out up until 11:50 p.m. So, they planned to buy tickets to something else but than come in and watch X3. No such luck -- the ticket police were standing at the door of the theater checking everyone's tickets as they entered. Oh well. Just another night at the movies -- I still would have preferred the Sunday matinee.
I actually got up yesteray and did some weed wacking in my back yard. I wanted to spend some time back there but I felt as if the weeds would rise up and grab me ... that's how bad it was. So I wacked the hell out of them and sat out there for the better part of the morning.
Well, I just received the evil eye from my daughter so I guess I better get myself together for an afternoon at the beach.
Hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend.