odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Girl Talk
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Fellas, you may want to skip this one.

So, this morning I trek on over to
this place because they are gearing up to do a study on P.M.D.D which is short for premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Today was the orientation and I went because ironically, after my meltdown I heard something on the radio about the symptoms and a phone number was given in case I wanted more information. I called the number and that was how I ended up at the clinic.

Today’s meeting was designed to familiarize us with the clinic, sign consent forms and get an overview of what the study would entail. The doctor came in and spoke to the small group of four women (two Black and two white) and jetted after a few minutes. The nurse took over the meeting and began to go into a little more detail. She mentioned that over the first two months we would be responsible for keeping a diary of our symptoms that we would turn in to them and they would determine our eligibility for the study. Our visits would be scheduled around our periods, so if our cycles weren’t regular than that could pose a problem. My ears perked up at this point … sometimes I get two periods in a month (every 17 days) and sometimes I skip an entire month (like last month). Before I turned 40 my period came like clockwork … every 24 days … now I don’t know when that bitch is going to show up. I discussed this with the nurse and she suggested that this may not be the study for me. For real, I ain’t looking for a study … I’m looking for relief. You’d think the nurse would have given me some suggestions … but no. Oh well, I’m trying the St. John’s Wort this month and we’ll see what happens.

****

Has a guy ever told you that he needed some space? Have you ever told a guy that you need some space? Well, have you ever told a guy that you think HE needs some damn space?

****

Will someone please try to explain the chemical reaction that takes place when we are in the presence of certain men. This is a fascinating topic to me. Why are we attracted to who we are attracted to? I mean, I look back on my history with men and from a physical standpoint these men couldn’t be more different. I’m trying to find a common thread and I can’t. My 1st husband was a big 6’4” Hispanic dude that was four years older than me. My 2nd husband was 5’10” and the color of deep, dark chocolate and he was eight years younger than me. And B (my current) is completely different from both of them. What is it? There is a guy that I see often that looks like Jo.hn Trav.olta and every time I see him my heart rate speeds up! WTF? (Sidebar: In case you’re wondering … I’m a little horny. That’s how my stupid cycle works. I have one week of crazy, one week for my period, one week of horny and one week of normal). I know what attracts me beyond the physical, i.e., love for books, music, articulate, honesty – yada, yada, yada but when it comes to the physical my tastes are varied. I have a girlfriend who only dates Puerto Rican men. My younger brother only dates white women. I know a girl who told me that she thought Ty.ler Pe.rry was soooo fine and she wanted to have his babies. My reaction? You can’t be serious. He’s a cool brotha but I ain’t trying to get with him, you know?

****

It's okay to get yourself a gift for Mother's Day.

****

I know I'm all over the place ... but it's difficult to focuse because of the above mentioned sidebar.

Later ya'll!






Blessed by chele at 1:42 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?