odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
It's a Smorgasbord
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Okay, Nikki, writer extraordinaire, has decided to tag me AGAIN. If you haven’t checked her out yet … shame on you! Do yourself a favor and trot on over to her spot and see how the ladies from the ATL put it down.

But first, I have to tell you what I’m excited about today: Carol’s Daughter. Oh…my…God! I absolutely love this line of skin care and hair products. The company is Black owned and is based in New York. I received a box in the mail yesterday filled with goodies that just make me feel sooooooo good. Seriously, I smell so good today I just can’t stand it! I ordered the Ultimate Ecstasy Gift Set and I’m telling you this stuff is awesome. My skin feels all smooth and silky – not greasy. The packaging is beautiful and the customer service is top notch. And the shipping was free! Check it out if you can.

Now … onto the tag






YOUR FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE......What do ya'll remember?

School: Northeastern University, Boston, MA

Where did you live? Spear Hall

Who was your roommate? At first I lived with snooty Janeen from Cherry Hill, NJ. She was one fake heffa. She acted all prim and proper and then locked me out of the room so she could have sex with some local. Then I moved in with Connie – the first white chick I ever saw who got her hair relaxed.

Do you still talk to her? No.

Ever get in trouble in the dorm? In the dorm? Never.

Something you remember about when you first lived on campus? No rules to speak of. Coming from a strict household, having no rules was very overwhelming for me. I had no self-discipline at all. I also remember the upperclassmen hanging around the freshman dorms like sharks waiting to pounce.

Your campus phone number or other number: I have no idea

First party attended? The first night we arrived we left the campus to go to some frat party. We hooked up with some guys, never made it to the party, and stumbled back to the dorm the next morning.

First Bar you got wasted at? I was too young to get into bars. We got wasted in the dorms.

Favorite Pizza Place? Some joint on Huntington Avenue

Favorite place to go out to eat? Hello? College students didn’t have any money to go out and eat. We were lucky to have spaghettios in a hot pot.

Did you go to the library? sometimes

What was your Favorite Floor you'd always be on? The first … the guy's floor. Enough said.

Club, Athletics, Frat or Sororities, you joined? I was an Iota Sweetheart--an auxilary organization of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.

Where did you buy your books? Uh, the bookstore.

Who made the best wings? No clue.

Ever attend a sporting event? I went to a few basketball games and one football game.

Ever attend a concert or comedic performance? no

Have you ever spent the night on campus not in your dorm hall? Uh, yeah.

Favorite night to go out on, and where did you go? I really don’t remember

Where did you get coffee? I wasn’t drinking coffee then

Favorite part of Halloween? What?

Go see a play or been in one? Not in college.

Did you ever have a job at school? Freshman year? No.

What do you hate about your college? A lot of stuff.

What did you love most about it? Black studies.

Ever leave to go on a road trip, where? Yes. New Haven (to see my sister) and Amherst College (to see the boys).

Where would you believe is the best location to live in? I don’t know.

Graduated or still attending? I did not graduate and I am not still attending.

Will you go back? Nope.

How many parking tickets have you gotten there? None.

Finally, ever gotten arrested? Nope.

_________________________________

"4 THINGS"

4 nicknames I've been given: headlights (I used to have bigger boobs), Q, Gargamel, Olive Oil (I used to be skinnier)

4 movies I would watch over and over: Love Jones, Terms of Endearment, Brown Sugar, Imitation of Life

4 jobs that I have had in my life: chamber maid on a Navy base (to this day, this is the best job I have ever had!!), secretary, sales clerk, contract manager

4 places I have lived: New London, Boston, Virginia Beach, Norfolk

4 TV shows I like to watch: Cold Case Files, American Justice, ANTM, Girlfriends

4 places I have been on vacation: Disney World, Vegas, NYC, Old Orchard Beach, ME

4 things I could NOT live without: my kids, my books, chocolate, coffee

4 of my favorite foods: big salads, shrimp, oysters rockefeller, catfish

4 places I would rather be right now: home in bed, lying on a beach, at the spa, in the arms of my one true love (whoever that is)

Feel free to consider yourself tagged.

Blessed by chele at 9:32 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?