odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Random White Dudes
Friday, May 19, 2006
I love white people. My best friend is white ... seriously. But sometimes they are just an interesting group of folk ...


When I was on the plane leaving San Antonio yesterday, why did I see this random white dude with cornrows in his hair – complete with beads? Of course he needed the beads because his thin hair wasn’t going to stay braided without help. And why, when he opened his mouth was every other word “man”? Why would anyone want to imitate Ke.vi.n Fe.de.rl.in.e?



So, I’m in Wa.lM.a.rt getting my son this movie (don’t ask why he wants it) and I’m browsing through the DVD titles. This random white dude is standing next to me and says, “Aren’t these supposed to be in alphabetical order?” I nodded. Then he says, “I guess these Spanish guys don’t understand alphabetical order.” He kind of giggled and I looked at him like he was crazy. Then he said, “Oh, I guess I should have said Mexican.” Some people are so free with their racism … and when did Black people get included in on the joke. Is Mexican the new Black?

I shared a cab with three random white dudes on my trip and they were having an interesting conversation. Not really interesting, just interesting that they were having it in front of me. And they weren't really random because I knew them. They were discussing penis size. I didn’t know dudes talked about that kind of thing. I guess I should mention that they had a few beers in them. Anyway, one of the white dudes said “It doesn’t matter how big your package is if you know how to work the tongue. Get her going with that and she could care less if you’ve got four inches or eight inches.” So I said, “Well, some women see that (oral) as the appetizer and are actually waiting for the main course.” He said, “Well, if she’s waiting to get the main course from me, she’s going to be disappointed.” Okay.


Other topics ...

My baby girl:


When will my daughter learn to respect other people’s property? I don’t know but if she doesn’t find my diamond and platinum cross that she borrowed without permission and subsequently lost while I was out of town there is going to be hell to pay.







And reading:

Okay, I love Toni Morrison …really I do. But I have such a hard time reading her sometimes. I’m no dummy and I appreciate good literature. But unless I can read her stuff out loud, I have to read the same paragraphs over at least three times. I just finished “Love” and when I closed the book I had to ask myself, “What the hell?” She is a beautiful story teller and her command of the English language is just incredible but it is just so much work. I feel awful about this I really do. It took me several weeks to finish this book and it was only 224 pages. Conversely, I also read “Sula” which I finished during a plane ride to Atlanta a few years ago. I don’t know. Perhaps I was bombarded with too many distractions while reading “Love”. I’m going to have to go back and read the last chapter again because I don’t know what the heck happened.


Enjoy the weekend!
Blessed by chele at 3:53 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?