odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
My Eyes! My Eyes!
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
I wasn’t going to post anything today but it’s the first day back from a long weekend and I’m having trouble getting into the work that lies in front of me.

Besides, I saw something so disturbing this morning that I just had to share.

I’m driving down Lynnhaven Parkway minding my own business and I notice a man in my rear view mirror. He’s okay looking, I guess. He caught my attention because his little red Chevy had Connecticut tags – and that’s where I’m originally from. I also noticed him because when we reached the stop light he was staring at himself in his rear view mirror. I mean staring. He sat up in the seat and adjusted the mirror so he could see himself and not the folks behind him. When the light turned green he sat back and took a swig of Red Bull. We traveled for a little while longer than he took a sip of his coffee – I guess it was coffee – it was in one of those silver travel mugs. When we came to the next stop light he picked up a magazine and started reading. I wondered what he was reading because I clearly saw a big ass picture of Meryl Streep on the cover. It was a Parade Magazine. I think she’s promoting The Devil Wears Prada. Anyway, the light turns green, he puts the magazine down, swigs the Red Bull and sips the coffee. Typical ride to work, right? Then it happened. This nasty MF takes one hand off the steering wheel and puts the index finger of his left hand in his left nostril, digs around for a few seconds and then puts the same index finger in his mouth. He repeats this disgusting display with the right nostril. When we got to the next stop light he sits up and checks himself out in the mirror again and then puts on his shades. He took another swig of Red Bull and another sip of coffee. Thankfully, he put on his turn signal and turned left.

Man, I wish I hadn’t seen that.
Blessed by chele at 9:08 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?