odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Smiling Again
Saturday, August 13, 2005
Last night's gig went really well. My beloved played "Little Wing" and I just melted. He said I gave him 'the look'. I suppose I did. For me, 'the look' is something that conveys love. For him, 'the look' is all about sex. Men.

I'm preparing for this evening's gig with the band. Actually, there is no preparation other than to relax and recover from today's shopping trip with the children. I'm reminded of why I so dislike shopping. Too many people, too many choices. Thankfully, my teenager didn't want me in the vicinity while he shopped so I only had to deal with my 'tween (a person who is not quite a teenager), which wasn't all that bad. I didn't have time for a cup of coffee so I suffered with a caffeine withdrawal headache for most of the day.

Anyway, I am so looking forward to starting my new job as a Contracts Manager. Telling my boss that I was resigning was no picnic. I had to reassure her that it wasn't because of her that I was leaving. Sounds like she has some insecurity issues. I did the right thing and told her everything she wanted to hear and she did the right thing and told me that she was happy for me. I think we were both lying. She told me that if I get to my new job and it isn't what I thought it was I could call her and get my old job back. I don't think there is a chance in hell of that happening but it's important not to burn any bridges.

I love starting new things. This time around I have no delusions of grandeur and no high expectations. Acute expectations breed despair. This is a job. My new boss is very personable and I believe we click and I'm sure it will be something that I can settle into with few problems. Job hunting is exhausting and I'm glad the hunt is over. I don't want to be a job hopper. I want to find my permanent place of employment. I want to find the place that I'm going to retire from. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm content. I feel good. I don't want for anything. It's times like this that make me feel bad about being so upset the last few weeks. I was anxious and cranky because of the uncertainty surrounding my job situation combined with hormonal mood swings. Ugh!! I'm better now.

I'm reminded of Psalms 126:5 which says: They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. My tears and frustration are gone and I'm feeling all the joy.

Today's Affirmation
I possess the joy of the Lord
Blessed by chele at 8:04 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?