Yeah, I know.
Of course, it has not been all downhill for my sister. She's happily married to a naval officer, she's a nurse, they have three great kids and live in a beautiful home. They are not in debt and they are looking forward to retirement together. She has an enviable life. She does not see it that way.
Why is that? I often wonder why it is so difficult for many of us to believe that the best is yet to come. Otherwise, what do we have to look forward to? There are so many opportunities in the world, so many places to go and things to do ...
I've been very anxious for the past couple of weeks because my employment situation is so iffy right now. It's really making me crazy. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm blessed to have a job. If the companies that I've been interviewing with can't see my talent or aren't willing to pay for it -- then it is truly their loss. The company that I interviewed with last Friday called and told me how impressive I was and how they wanted me to come back and meet the CEO, blah blah blah. However, once I told him what my salary requirement was he nearly choked. Needless to say, I'm still waiting to meet the CEO.
I've realized that there is nothing wrong with asking for what I want and expecting to get it. I'm worth every penny--and then some. The Bible says Ask, and it shall be given you -- well I'm asking. I'm not being unreasonable. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone. I just want to pay my mortgage and feed my kids. Maybe take a vacation every now and then.
I'm ranting.
My point is this: I'm making an attempt today to not view my situation as so bleak. I did not peak at 19, or 25, or 36. I'm peaking every damn day. There is so much ahead of me.
Today's Affirmation
I'm looking forward to today