odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Delayed Reaction
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
It's been about a month since my annivesary weekend (see previous post) and my beloved told me last night that he thought it was very special. He went on to tell me how he fell in love with me again that weekend.

The tenderness that had been missing from his voice over the past few weeks had returned. I once again felt like I was in a loving relationship. I'm 40 years old and I think that this is the first adult relationship that I have ever been in. Amazing.

I heard a sermon once that the preacher titled, "Delayed but not Denied". I love that. Most people get off on instant gratification. Everything has to happen right now! Or at least on a time schedule that we have designated. Life doesn't always work that way but the one thing that we have to remember is that just because a blessing is delayed does not mean that it has been denied. For example, I'm learning how to play the piano. I'm no protege but I know that God is developing my ear and it's going to take a while. I know one day I will be able to play in front of an audience.

I knew at seventeen years old that I wanted to be a mother. I had my first child at twenty-six.
I began writing my novel in 2001. It did not get published until 2004.
When I was house hunting I fell in love with the first house I saw. I ended up buying the 12th house I saw but it was on the same street as the first house.
In all cases, everything that it is beautiful and wonderful in my life is something that I had to wait for.

Blessings delayed are not blessings denied. What God has for us is ONLY for us. No matter when it arrives. Every good and perfect gift comes from God. I am so thankful that He is on my side.


Today's Affirmation
I am blessed
Blessed by chele at 6:52 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?