odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Cheating Boyfriends and Ear Wax
Friday, August 05, 2005
I allowed myself the luxury of sleeping an hour late this morning so I would be well rested for the job interview that I have at 10:00. Unfortunately, instead of a sound sleep I was bombarded with visions of cheating boyfriends and ear wax.

I guess I'm concerned about this interview. Maybe not. I'm really ambivalent about the whole thing. I want a new job -- hell I need a new job. On Monday I interviewed with my former employer and they won't make a decision until next week. So today I'm interviewing with someone else because nothing is guaranteed. This company interests me and the position sounds like it could be challenging. However, one thing I learned from my present employer is that nothing is as good as it seems. I've learned that when a company needs to fill a position the hiring manager will say anything in order to fill the position. During my interview for my current job, my boss told me that I could build the department however I wanted, create policies and hold training classes in order to implement these policies. What a load of crap. What she didn't tell me was that my department was micro-managed by a bunch of good 'ol boys who weren't about to allow some 'uppity colored girl' to come in and change a dang thing.

At 10:00 a.m. I'll be sitting before people that I do not know explaining why I would fit in at their company. Or maybe not. Perhaps they should convince me why I should come and work for them. I want a crystal clear picture of what I will be walking into -- no surprises. I have the luxury of having a job and that is the best time to look for another one--when your not wearing your look of desperation as an accessory to your best interview suit.

Today's Affirmation
The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Blessed by chele at 7:16 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?