I wonder why folks rediscover their religion when they are in trouble. Why is it that when things completely fall apart we go running back to God? Lucky for us he's standing there with his arms wide open waiting for us. God never turns his back on us even though we have a habit of turning our backs on him, albeit temporarily, in order to pursue our own selfish endeavors. We seem to forget that if we pursue God than everything else falls into place. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp -- for me?
Why is it so easy to walk away from God--a man who has never hurt me, yet it is so difficult to leave an emotionally draining relationship that is filled with hurt? I've got to get my priorities straight.
Today's affirmations
I am not a victim -- I am victorious.
I am more than a conqueror.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
I will stand against all the fiery darts of the enemy.
If God be for me who can be against me?
All things work together for good for those that love God.