(a) Keep it to yourself
(b) Aim higher
(c) Thank God
(d) All of the above
Today is the first day of the last two weeks at my present job. I feel bad for the woman that I'm leaving behind. Not only will she have to keep up her contracts but she'll have to take over mine until the company replaces me. On the bright side, next week she's taking her family to "the happiest place on earth". So at least she'll have a week long rest period before she gets transported back to hell. She'll do fine. I hope they find someone to help her quick.
This week I have to squeeze in some training time at my new job. This is going to be hectic. The woman that I am replacing is leaving this Friday and there are only so many hours in a day. I wish I could take a whole day off just to spend with her.
"Why are you leaving?" That's the question that I'll have to answer about a thousand times over the next two weeks. This ought to be fun ... I could give each person a different answer and than they can compare notes after I'm gone:
"I heard she was pregnant."
"No. She left to pursue a full time singing career."
"Really? I thought she was leaving to write her second novel."
"She was asked to resign."
"She's following her boyfriend to Vegas."
"She hit the lottery."
It doesn't matter what I tell those hens. Everyone will have a different interpretation of what happened and tell the story in their own way.
My older, wayward sister started blogging on a different site and sent me an invitation to view and comment on it. I never thought of doing that. I've been doing this for a couple of months and it never crossed my mind to invite someone to read my thoughts. Especially people that I know. I guess I feel like I would have to censor myself if I knew that my mother or my beloved were reading what I was saying. I actually like the idea of freely writing down my thoughts and sending them out to the unknown. If someone happens by and checks me out, that's cool. If not, that's cool too. Many years ago I began writing essays and thoughts on some site and I told everyone to check out my stuff. It was a mistake. Writing is the only outlet I have to express myself and I'm not looking to be critiqued.
Enough of that. It's going to be a good day.
Today's Affirmation
All of my help comes from the Lord