odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
I'm Lovin' It
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
I'm in limbo -- but in a good way. Tracy is going on vacation next week and the week after that I'll be starting my new job so this week we are getting each other up to speed on what's going on at our desks. I'd really like to take a few hours off and go over to my new job and get trained by the woman that I'm replacing. Friday is her last day.

I should work on my second novel. November is National Novel Writing Month and last year I was able to get more than 100 pages done. The goal is to write the first draft of an entire novel in 30 days. I normally only write to the deadlines that I set for myself. It's a lot more difficult when someone else has set the deadline. It was scary and exciting.

The garage door guy is coming today to fix my door. A gift from my beloved. Speaking of my beloved, he apologized to me last night for something that he said two years ago. He's a good guy with a huge heart. I really hope we make it.

I got a call last week from one of my oldest and dearest friends. He lives several hundred miles away and I think in the thirteen years that we've known each other we've only lived in the same town for one of those years. I actually met him on his wedding day. He and his girlfriend (now wife) were running away to elope. He was also my husband's best friend at the time. The four of us were all good friends and did the things that couples did. They moved away. We moved away. But we still all kept in touch. Until my divorce five years ago. For some reason, I got to keep him as a friend. He and my ex-husband no longer speak. It may have something to do with the fact that there is evidence that my husband had a relationship with this man's wife outside of the friendship. I have no proof that they slept together and they both deny it but I don't believe that. We didn't find out about this 'relationship' until long after I was divorced. My friend is still married.

Anyway, he called last week to chat. It's nice to have a friend like that. When I was going through my divorce he would call me once a week just to see how I was holding up. He makes me laugh. It's good for a woman to have close male friends. Girlfriends agree with each other almost all the time. A male friend will tell you the truth no matter how much it may hurt. And if it does hurt, he's able to comfort you and get you through it. I'm getting all squishy now so I'll change the subject. I'm thankful for my friends.


Today's Affirmation
I will love for the sake of love
Blessed by chele at 7:00 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?