odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Overheard
Monday, June 12, 2006
Okay, so Friday night B and I are performing at this place and I heard the following statement:

I don’t know what the problem is … every time I think a guy is really into me it just all goes wrong …

These words were spoken by a young white woman, probably in her twenties. She was the typical white boy fantasy: thin, blonde and drinking heavily. She was seated with another young woman and three or four guys. There were two other tables on either side filled with young people who were seriously getting their drink on. I knew it was going to be an interesting night.

Initially, I felt sorry for the young woman. I mean, so often women are left confused and wondering why something goes wrong in a relationship when it appears to have started out so positively. The sympathy that I felt for this child soon disappeared as the night wore on.

One of the girls took a digital camera out of her purse and began snapping shots of the folks at her table. Then she handed the camera to one of the men and told him to take pictures of her and the other woman at the table. He took a few shots and then the two women began kissing. Not quick pecks either. Mouths were open and I’m sure tongues were involved.

Let me say right here that I have absolutely nothing against lesbians. But these women were not lesbians. These were straight women who just wanted to put on a show for anyone that would watch. Every time B and I played a song they would get up and dance with each other. Not just dancing … they were grinding and feeling each other up. I thought that if we performed a slow song they would sit down … but no … it just got worse. These young women were seriously living out their lesbian-stripper-gi.rls go.ne wi.ld fa.nt.asies.

I’m not a prude but damnit my first reaction was: Where the hell is your momma?

No wonder she can’t find/get/keep a man. No man wants to be in a relationship with a woman who is a freak in the street. Save that mess till you get back to the house. What is wrong with these women? Why don’t they have any self respect? I can hear it now. The younger generation telling me that there is nothing wrong with sexual freedom. Whatever. Go ‘head and be free, you triflin’ heffa. But don’t come home whining about the fact that you can’t maintain a relationship.

In other news … while at the gig on Friday an older dude approached us on a break and put $40 on the table, requested a song and told B to let me sing more. Dang, a $40 tip. Not bad.

What else is going on? Our dance recital is this weekend and we were in rehearsals all day yesterday. Dress rehearsal is this Thursday. I plan to put some pics up next week. If you’ll remember I started out really apprehensive about this whole dance thing … but I feel really good about it now and I can’t wait to get on that stage.

I’m actually pretty busy today so I’m going to get to work … after I catch up on what you all are doing of course.
Blessed by chele at 10:07 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?