I never remember my dreams.
My aLarm clock shakes me out of sleep so qUickly that any memories of dreams disappear. However, if I wake up naturally without the jolt of the alarm clock I have a better chance of remembering the stories that play through my mind while I sleep. I don’t understand them but at least I remember them.
This morning was like that. I woke up at 2:30 and was very confused. Confused about why I was waKing up at 2:30 and confused about why the hell I was dreaming about a blogger.
Why is my onlinE world entering my dream world?
This blogger and I were walking down a dark street heading toward his home. I think we were either on a date or about to go on a date but we had to stop at his house first. We arrived at his house and when he opened the door there was a lot of aCtivity going on inside. One thing that I noticed was that the house was full of women … aunts, cousins, sisters, nieces … no men were in the house at all. There was one woman who I don’t think was related because he slipped into A back room and she got up and followed him while the rest of the women entertained me in the front room. I’m in the middle of the organized chaos wondering what had I Gotten myself into.
I was also wondering how I was going to Explain to this blogger that this wasn’t the first time we had been in contact. In fact, the first time I saw him I stole a leather belt that belonged to him and I was actually wearing the belt on this particular evening. The belt had been engraved with his name on it. He didn’t notice that I was wearing it. I remember (in the dream) unbuckling the belt and seeing the blogger’s name on the underside of the belt … his name looked like it had been burned into the belt. I was really worried about his reaction to me having his belt.
Finally, he came out of the back room all showered and shaved. Looking good and smelling good. I thought we were going to go out. But he said, “Now to find the perfect film.” He walked over to the shelf where all the DVDs were housed and he picked out a movie, popped it into the player and sat on the couch and picked up the remote.
I stood there looking at him … confused.
Then I woke up.