odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Season's Change
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Everything is everything/What is meant to be will be/After winter must come spring/Change, it comes eventually -- Lauryn Hill


I’m through worrying about it. I can’t do something that my whole heart is not involved in. Therapy? Maybe. Prayer for healing? Definitely.

Next subject.

Summer is coming to an end. Thank God.

I love autumn. That is the one and only thing I miss about living in the northeast. There really isn’t a true autumn in VA. The leaves don’t really turn and there’s just something missing. When we were little we used rake the leaves into huge piles and jump in. That was so much fun.

My birthday is in a few months. I don’t know if we’ll do anything special or not. The older I get the more I see it as just another day. Another day that I am truly grateful for.

The kids will soon be back in school (doing a happy dance). Summer vacation is just too long. Almost three months is way too long. It takes my kids at least a few weeks to get back into the swing once school starts again. School shopping will be a trip. I plan to give the boy his dough and let him do his thing. The girl, on the other hand has to be monitored very closely. She may try to slip in an inappropriate (read: hoochie) outfit.

My son’s trip to Puerto Rico has been cancelled. We just couldn’t coordinate the flights. His godfather and his family were coming from Kalamazoo and initially they were all supposed to meet in ATL and fly to San Juan from there. Friggin airlines kept jerking us around and changing flights, schedules, etc. I was not going to have my baby fly that distance alone. He was nervous enough about flying to ATL alone. I won’t put him through it. If you recall, he didn't want to go in the first place. Besides, after all the recent crap that is happening in our friendly skies … this is probably for the best.
Blessed by chele at 11:43 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?