It's been a while since I've done a tag ... and I'm bored so here are two. Enjoy!
Then and Now
Ten years ago today, it was August 2, 1996. I was married to a 24 year old, and mother to a 23-month old and a 4-year old. I thought my life would never change. That seems funny now.
1) How old were you?
THEN: 31 years, 9 months, 2 weeks and 2 days
NOW: 41 years, 9 months, 2 weeks and 2 days
2) Where did you work?
THEN: For a stupid real estate appraiser that shall remain nameless
NOW: For a company that sells tactical gear to the military
3) Where did you live?
THEN: Chesapeake, VA
NOW: Virginia Beach, VA
4) How was your hairstyle?
THEN: Like I can remember
NOW: short, wrapped
5) Did you wear contacts?
THEN: Yes
NOW: Yes
6) Did you wear glasses?
THEN: Yes, at night
NOW: Yes, at night
8) Which of your pets were still alive?
THEN: No pets
NOW: No pets
9) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?
THEN: I didn’t have a boyfriend. I had a husband.
NOW: No comment
10) Who was your celebrity crush?
THEN: Like I can remember
NOW: Richard T. Jones
11) How many piercings did you have?
THEN: 3, 2 in my right ear, 1 in my left
NOW: same
12) How many tattoos did you have?
THEN: None
NOW: One tattoo of cupid above my right ankle
13) What was your favorite band/singer?
THEN: Like I remember
NOW: India.Arie
14) Had you smoked a cigarette?
THEN: Probably … when I was stressed out.
NOW: No. I quit a while back.
15) Had you gotten drunk?
THEN: Probably not in 96. I had small children and my husband wasn’t a big drinker.
NOW: I drink more now than I did then, but I still don’t get drunk.
16) What kind of car did you drive?
THEN: I think I was driving a 94 Dodge Shadow. That POS got stolen twice and someone busted out my back window once. I think that damn car was cursed.
NOW: 2000 Hyundai Accent. Yeah, it’s a hooptie but I’ve never been into cars and it gets me from A to Z so bite me.
17) Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?
Not at all. I thought I’d be happily married forever. Instead I’ll be happily single forever. Single with a good job, my own home, no car payment and good kids. I think I’m doing okay.
It Takes Two
Two Names You Go By:
1. Macani (pronounced: Ma, Can I ...?)
2. Face
Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
1. a silver watch
2. a diamond/platinum butterfly necklace
Two Things You Would Want in a Relationship:
1. honesty
2. great sex and lots of it
Two Things You Want Really Badly At This Moment:
1. To be home in bed
2. great sex and lots of it
Two of Your Favorite Hobbies:
1. writing
2. great sex and lots of it
Two pets you have had:
1. Smokey (cat)
2. Scamp (dog we had when I was a kid)
Two people who will fill this out:
1. I don’t know
2. I still don’t know
Two things you did last night:
1. went to Tropical Smoothie
2. laundry
Two Favorite Places to eat:
1. Tappas places
2. Sushi places
Two things you ate today:
1. Cheez-its
2. Hot dogs
Two people you Last Talked To:
1. My son
2. My daughter