odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
A Year at the Plant (ation)
Friday, July 28, 2006
I’ve been at this job for exactly one year. Here are the top 10 things I’ve learned since I've been here:

10. I’ve learned the meaning of autonomy and I like it.

9. As long as I do my work no one really cares if I’m late or if I leave early.

8. Patience pays off

7. It’s good to be considered the “expert” in a certain area

6. White folks sure can drink and don’t mind doing it in the office on Friday afternoons beginning at 3:00 p.m.

5. Some people really do need to be held to a dress code

4. Cube living is tolerable

3. I don’t miss being micro-managed

2. I’d rather work for a man than for a woman

... and the number one thing I've learned while working on the plantation:


1. Everything is not a friggin' emergency … I’ll get to it.



Have a great weekend ya'll!
Blessed by chele at 3:58 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?