odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Potpourri - A Miscellaneous Collection
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
overused word: amazing (i.e, those shoes are amazing, this soup is amazing, I love your hair ... it's amazing!) Becky, please ...

scenario: you have been married for a number of years. one day you receive a mysterious looking package in the mail. your spouse's lover has sent you a dvd of the two of them having sex. how do you respond?

I have reached 15,459 words on my novel. I have set a goal to be finished with the first draft by my birthday ... in three months. I want to add another book cover to this page, man!

I was sick of Co.lin Fa.rr.el three years ago. I'm also quickly tiring of Ja.mie F.ox.x -- I will not be standing in line to see Miami Vice. Can you say "overexposure"? Something tells me that I won't be the only one who passes on this one.

I'm getting anxious about the family reunion. I don't know why. I'm looking forward to meeting my brother for the very first time. We've spoken on the phone several times and I'm finally going to see him face to face. I'm going to take a bunch of pictures of all my newfound family members and post them for you guys to see.

My younger sister is a grandmother. So is my closest (female) friend. Of course, they were both mothers before me too ... I am not in any hurry to follow in their footsteps. I'm too cute to be somebody's grandmother.

B looked into my eyes tonight and said, "Do you know how much I love you?" I said, "How much?" Then he rolled his eyes and called me a smart ass. LOL

Life really is a journey. Surpringly, the older I get the more I look forward to what's coming up. In my twenties, I actually thought I was living. I was so foolish back then. I lived day to day without one single thought about consequences. I thought I had it together. I was lost. Once I reached my thirties, I began to pay for all the crap I did in my twenties. I think was depressed for eight years. I don't know, it's all a blur now. In my thirties, survival was my goal. I just wanted to make it to the next day. Now, in my forties ... **deep exhale** I know that I have survived the foolishness of my twenties and the drama of my thirties and now I'm living. I always said that I wouldn't become a real woman until I turned 40. I feel whole. I feel complete.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'm going to bed.
Blessed by chele at 10:29 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?