Surprisingly, for the first time in my over-articulated life, I have nothing to say.
So here is a little stream of consciousness kind of thing:
Regarding my last post (Overheard in the Parking Lot) -- some of you have some very vivid, twisted, imaginations.
I bought Ind.ia.Ar.ie's new CD yesterday. I’m trying to listen to it at work but since there are volume restrictions it’s just kind of playing in the background. I love her. I’ll have to blast it when I get to the house.I don’t have a CD player in my hooptie.
I’m going to see To.m.m.y E.mm.anu.el in concert tonight. B’s a guitar player and he loves good guitar players … and I’m a good girlfriend so I’m going. Earlier in the year we saw St.an.ley J.o.r.dan and his playing literally brought B to tears. He’s not soft … he just appreciates good music, dammit!
My company is still catering lunches for us. On today’s menu: Smo.k.in' B.u.t.t.s . I swear, I think they do that mess on purpose. Smo.kin’ b.u.t.ts … hehehe
I’ve spent the last two days cleaning my daughter’s bedroom and doing her laundry while she’s at camp. I don’t know why I bother … as soon as she comes home she’s gonna junk up the room again.
I made my son’s airline reservations for his trip to Puerto Rico this winter. I asked him if he preferred the window or the aisle seat. He said he wanted the aisle so when the hijackers come it would be easier to fight them from the aisle seat. WTH? This will be the second time that he has flown solo … he’s a little nervous. He only has to fly solo to ATL and then he’ll meet up with his godfather and his family and then they’ll travel together to Puerto Rico.
I need someone to come to my house and cut down some trees.
I’ve been reading so many really deep posts lately about racial issues. (Please check out Nikki and P) I almost jumped on the bandwagon today but decided against it. I was going to come from the standpoint that I think all white people have a touch of racism in them … and how that belief coincides with my my 25-year relationship with my best friend (my son’s godfather). Who happens to be white. Do I really think he’s a racist? If I did, my son wouldn’t be traveling anywhere with him. Anyway, I decided against the post … I want to keep it light today. It’s like watching Roots -- every time I see it I get pissed. I don’t feel like being pissed today.
It’s a good day.