Friday: After spending the majority of the day at the optometrist – both my son (J) and I had appointments – I left work early to get a jump on the weekend. K (my daughter) was still at camp so I took J to dinner at Red Robin. I like spending one on one time with my kids. It gives me a chance to get into their heads separately. Sometimes they want me there ... most of the time they don’t.
After dinner, J and I drove out to Borders to check out Marcus Harris where he read selections from his book Songs in Search of a Voice. Marcus is a very talented poet and a heckuva nice guy – he took some time to pose for a picture with J (Marcus is on the right).

I believe he sold out of books that night. I snagged one copy for myself and after the reading, my son also requested a copy … along with his two graphic novels.
Saturday: I got up bright and early on Saturday so I could pick up K from her weeklong adventure at camp. I was glad to see her and she was glad to be going home. Not sure if she’ll repeat the adventure next year or not. I was not happy about the fact that she spent so much time in the pool that her beautifully braided hair had to be (almost) completely redone. I don’t think she realizes how much it costs to get it done! I was pissed about the money but she was pissed about having to go back to the salon and sit in the chair for four hours. Oh well.
I wanted to hang out at the house on Saturday because it was my baby’s first day home. Well, she spent most of the day in her room napping and watching television. By about 7:00 p.m. I was going stir crazy so I called B and asked him if he wanted to get a drink. Which we did.
Sunday: I lounged around the house in the morning and then I dropped K off at the salon and I headed out to the mall. My family reunion is coming up and I needed a few decent outfits for the trip so I went shopping. In addition I needed to pick up some luggage. It’s not often that me and the kids travel long distances together (is that weird?) so I don’t have a full set of luggage. I do now.
Later that evening B came by and we worked on some music. I cooked dinner, which the children didn’t eat and I watched reruns of Desperate and Grey’s.
Monday: My anniversary! Three years with B. I find it ironic (is it irony?) that if I had stayed married (the second time) I would have celebrated my 13th wedding anniversary on this day.
Here’s what I got as a gift.
I love the bag but I already have this pattern. I wanted something lighter for the summer, so I’m going to exchange it for this one:
I was surprised when he presented me with the bag … after all he just paid to get my car fixed and I thought that was gift enough. I guess he didn’t. We also went to dinner at this Japanese steak house. It was my first experience with the hibachi cooking and the food flying everywhere. The food was good and we had a nice time.
Which brings us to today. I don’t know what I’m going to do today. Maybe some laundry. Maybe the beach. I may venture out and find some fireworks to watch.
Hope ya’ll had a great weekend!
