For whatever reason we have all decided to come here and express ourselves in various ways. Some write poetry. Some tell about their daily activities or current events. Some talk about their jobs and others talk about their relationships. I don't have an agenda ... I just write whatever is in my head on that particular day.
There is an unlimited array of topics out there and it never ceases to amaze me that we all manage to talk about something different. Even if we're talking about the same things, we manage to put our own signature spin on it.
It's fun.
Some of us come and tell the truth--literally pouring out our hearts. Others create a different persona and write through the eyes of someone else. Either way, it's entertaining and again, it's fun. My favorites keep me entertained for hours and I always manage to find someone new who peaks my interest.
At one time or another I have been guilty of taking it all too seriously. I had to pump my breaks and get a grip. One blogger wrote a poem about the love a black man has for a white woman. The tone kind of made me feel like he was personally attacking me and I was offended. (seriously?) I don't know if it was about his real life or not but even if it was ... why should it bother me? Once I took myself out of the equation I could appreciate what he wrote. Did I ever mention that I was a little self-centered?
I was checking out the comments on another blogger's page and an anonymous commenter berated the blogger and told them that they should be in therapy. (seriously?) First of all, anonymous commenters are not my favorite. Let me say, I have commented anonymously when I wanted to reveal something really embarrassing ... but never to tell someone about themselves. If I feel a negative or harsh comment coming either I'll keep it to myself or I'll be woman enough to sign my name to it. I'm not referring to opposing opinions. I don't expect everyone to agree with me all the time. How boring would that be? I'm talking about those folk who sit back and judge and make you feel like garbage for expressing yourself.
You know what I'm talking about. Stuff like that just bugs me.
Seriously.