odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Horoscope
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Libra
September 23 to October 22

Love: Evaluate a potential mate on merit not on the personality flaws of former companions. Work: Postpone that much-needed change of scenery. Besides, who else can be the peacemaker? Money: Distance yourself from the Joneses, and use research and prudence to make financial decisions. Inspiration: Love with your heart, not your mind.

I don't know why I bother reading my horoscope. Entertainment, I guess. Sometimes it makes me stop and think. Other times I just turn the page. Today I turned the page. Then I turned it back.

Potential mate? There are no, nor will there be any potential mates. Although I will say that this is good advice. Advice that I have never been able to follow. I've evaluated every new man based on the screw ups of the old men. That's pitiful but I can't help it. The first time I opened myself up for real ... I ended up marrying a man that already had a wife. I stopped trusting my own judgment. After the crap I went through with hubby #2 I vowed never again to date a guy with kids. Well, B has no kids and supposedly didn't want any ... at first. He used to give me this moony-eyed look all the time and say, "We'd have the most beautiful kids." Yeah, we would but we're not gonna.

Much needed change of scenery? I love my job and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

I like the money advice. I do not need another pair of sandals this season. Or another bag. With a son going to college (hopefully) in the next two years and a daughter soon to follow, I have some serious decisions to make. Are the investments I've made so far enough? Maybe not.

Loving with my heart and not my mind. I wish I could do this. I wish I could do this. I don't have that bright eyed optimism and I don't know if I've ever had it. I'd love to be able to follow my heart and just love without fear. It's exhausting thinking about love all the time.

Other news:

My son hates his job and I really feel sorry for him. His day starts at 4:00 a.m. and he doesn't return home until after I do. In his words, "It sucks, Mom!" On one hand, I'm glad that he's getting this experience. He took this job because it was an easy hook up through his best friend's mother. Well, he's learning that the "hook up" ain't always what it's cracked up to be. On the other hand, he's my baby and I hate to see him unhappy. It's only for a few more weeks until school starts than he can find something closer to the house. He'll be alright.

Novel news: I've reached 18,862 words and I think I'm on track to have the first draft done by my b-day. Yay me!

I've got to get a DVR because my show is moving to Thursday night and that's the night of my dance class.

My new favorite song: The Heart of the Matter. I heard it for the first time on India.Arie's new CD. To my surprise, this song was first made popular by these guys like 30-some years ago. I like both versions and can be caught singing it at the top of my lungs all through the house. We also plan to add it to our set list.

Okay ... I'm out.
Blessed by chele at 7:15 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?