odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Bikes, Babies and the Playground
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
I don’t remember the pain of childbirth. I pushed out two babies without the benefit of one single drug and I know it must’ve hurt but I don’t really remember how much. I can describe to you everything that happened down to the very last detail but I can’t really verbalize what the actual pain felt like.

I don’t remember the pain of falling down on the playground in fourth grade and breaking my left arm in three places.

I don’t remember the pain of falling off my ten-speed bike and landing on my face. I know that must’ve hurt.

The pain of giving birth to my first child didn’t stop me from having a second child.
I went back out on the playground after breaking my arm.
I still ride a bike from time to time.

So will someone please tell me why after five years, painful memories of my divorce are so crippling that they are preventing me from accepting the current proposal that is on the table?
Blessed by chele at 9:44 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?