odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
A Rough Morning
Thursday, August 03, 2006
3:45 a.m. The backup alarm rings so I can make sure that my son is up for his job (because I'm anal). He's up.

I try to go back to sleep.

5:00 a.m. My son knocks on my door to tell me that his ride still isn't there and he's going back to bed. I tell him to continue to wait downstairs because if she comes knocking on the door I'll have to get up and go downstairs and open the door because he won't hear it. He grumbles but agrees.

5:10 a.m. I hear the knock on the door and get up to alert my son. He grumbles and walks out the door.

I try to get back to sleep. I have this really stupid dream that my son and his ride come back in the house because they've decided to take the day off. Then my parents are in my house. Then my son's friends appear. Then my daughter. Then her father. I have a full house of all these people and all I want to do is sleep. I go into the utility room and it's full of my mother's stuff ... somehow or another I start a fire in the utility room. I walk out calmly and get a cup of water to throw on the fire. On my way, I say to my mother "I started a small fire. You might want to think about getting your stuff out of there." In the meantime, all the people in my house are sitting around the table talking and laughing and I am getting more pissed off by the minute.

6:20 a.m. My alarm clock goes off and I'm cussing. I get up and jump in the shower.

6:35 a.m. I go downstairs and put on a pot of coffee.

6:55 a.m. Head back upstairs after taking an on-line survey. Switch on the television to check the weather (HOT AS HELL) and traffic.

7:00 a.m. Decide to wear jeans today because I'm tired and crampy and don't care that it's Thursday and not Casual Friday. After seeing some of these half naked teeny boppers bopping all up and through, I wish someone would say something to me.

I'm checking out GMA while doing hair and makeup: updates on the war, renegade Army colonels in Iraq, Mel Gibson, the heat, Oprah's affect on the minimum wage.

7:25 a.m. Heading out the door.

I'm so tired. I don't plan on staying all day. I have a tree service coming over today to do some work. Thank goodness. I need a nap.
Blessed by chele at 8:20 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?