odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
How Was Your Weekend?
Monday, August 07, 2006
It is Monday morning and it is customary on most Monday mornings for someone to say the words: How was your weekend? I usually answer with “fine”. Because, let’s be truthful … do you really care? It’s Monday and it’s just something to say … like on Friday when you tell someone to have a good weekend. Do you really care if they have a good weekend or not?

Anyway, I’m sitting here at my desk wishing I was at home because for some reason I feel hung over and I only had one glass of wine with dinner last night. What is that about? Where was I? Oh yes, the weekend. The best way to sum up the weekend is to give you a small glimpse of the goings on at the Chele household. You know how at the end of the year you get a photo or video montage of all the happenings of the year. Well, it’s kinda like that … only without the photos, or the videos … or the sound.

“Can I have a dollar?” (this is usually how my son addresses me and I generally respond with “Can I have a dollar?”

“She’s just my friend, Mom” (Really? As lazy as you are you actually rode your bike about 3 miles to see her … whatever, man)

“I don’t like tilapia” (one of the many things my daughter doesn’t like)

“Can I quit my job?” (no, you cannot)

“Love ya” (I get this several times a day from my daughter who precedes the declaration with a big smooch on the cheek)

“Mommy, turn to Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I love this episode!” (my son, busting into my bedroom last night wrapped in a blanket. It was the episode with Pam Grier when she seduced Will … “have you seen your mama nekkid?” It was pretty funny)

“Mom, 56 more seconds until Flavor Of Love comes on!” (my daughter busting into my room to remind me about the second season. I chose to watch Grey’s Anatomy instead. Okay, I did flip over to Vh1 during the commercials.)

“I think I went over my allowed text messages.” (my son trying to soften the blow before I get the phone bill)

“Go make your eggs … I got this.” (my son, after I offered to wash his work uniform)

“Get in my belly!” (me, imitating fat bastard from the Austin Powers movie – that line cracks me up.)

“Didn’t you ever fall asleep on a guy’s arm at the movies, Mom?” (my son, trying to explain the innocence behind some girl resting her head on his arm at the movies. This is not the same chick that he rode 3 miles to see.)

“When you get Inside Man on Tuesday, can you pick up the 3rd volume of Family Guy? Please!!!!! I love these episodes!

“Don’t kiss me, Mom! You were just kissing B!”
“I was not!”
“You were too, Mom. I heard slurping.”


For the record, I don’t slurp when I kiss.

There is always something going on in my house. It is never just quiet. I was able to get up on Saturday morning and sit in the living room and read for about an hour in complete silence. Then the princess got up, smooched me on the cheek and got on the computer. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining because I realize that once they move out the house will be eerily quiet. I'm going to miss all this activity. My son reminded me of this over the weekend:

"Can you make me a sandwich?"
"Make your own sandwich, boy."
"See, when I leave you're gonna wish you made me that sandwich."

He may have been right ... but I'm not that easily conned.
Blessed by chele at 9:35 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?