odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Blah Blah Blah
Thursday, February 09, 2006
I fell asleep during the Grammys but not before I saw Kanye's crazy outfit. What the hell is that boy's problem? Don't even get me started on Sly Stone. My people, my people!

My son is mad at me because I embarrassed him while he was on the phone with some triflin girl. He's giving me the silent treatment which I hate. Little does he know I invented the silent treatment and he'll need me before I need him. The weekend is coming and he'll want to do something. I still have to admit that it bothers me when he's upset ... he's still my baby.

My daughter, my little girl, my real baby ... is no longer a little girl. She began her "ladies' time" this week. I know that sounds corny ... okay ... she started her period! OMG! I can't stand this. I'm not ready for this. I called to tell her father and he almost ran off the road. My mother said, "Well, that's something else for you to pray about." My sister laughed at me -- she has two teenaged daughters and knows what I'm feeling. Damn mother nature!

My boss is out of town and I really had to force myself not to call in sick today. You know I don't think I have ever in my entire life called in sick when I wasn't sick. I'm long overdue.

I hate Valentine's Day and every single fake holiday that is designed to make single women feel bad. I bought myself a new D&B purse to celebrate the occasion. What the hell is Sweetest Day anyway? (October 21st).

I'm planning a trip to the ATL for a family reunion in July. These are family members that I don't know and they don't know me but I'm making the trip to get to know them. This oughta be a trip. This is the family of my biological father. He has passed away and some of his family members (brothers, son and daughter) have welcomed me into the family. How nice. Not sure how I feel about it.

I'm restless as hell.

I saw a story on the news this morning about the local police department. They are graduating a new class tonight so we'll have a whole new crop of officers on the road. Problem is, there is not one Black police cadet graduating. Not one. Well, the department says it's because none of the Blacks could pass the math portion of the test that would make them eligible to pass. The Justice Department has gotten involved and they are crying foul accusing the police department of discriminatig against Blacks and Hispanics. Here's an example of one of the math questions on the test:

“On Tuesday, Officer Jones worked the 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. shift. At 10:55 p.m. he was called to the scene of an accident where he remained until 1:30 a.m. How long past his regular shift did Officer Jones work?”

I'm a self-admitted math idiot and I can answer that question. Sounds fishy to me. Clearly there is something else going on besides this math test. How shocking! Discrimination in the south? Say it ain't so!

I think I'm in love with Common. Anyone got his number?

Gotta go.
Blessed by chele at 8:41 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?