odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Blessings Abound
Thursday, February 02, 2006
I got home yesterday to find this e-mail in my inbox:

i wanted to follow-up with you about adapting your submission to the book to a play. your submission was recommended for the adaptation; however, i need your release forms back in order to write the adaptation. majority of the adaptation will be excerpts of your piece.

(Note: I'm an idiot when it comes to linking, so if you want to reread my submission it was back in November and it is entitled "I Never Knew Lawrence")

The book that she is referring to is My Soul to His Spirit-Soulful Expressions from Black Daughters to Their Fathers. I submitted my poem and I was thrilled when it was accepted for publication. Now it seems that it is going to be used in an adaptation for a play!

Is that just the coolest?

The theater director has a few productions to her credit which include, "Flying West", "Black Woman's Blues", and "Weights". I don't know what this could lead to but I am so excited I can't stand myself right about now!

I think I wrote this piece back in 2001-2002 timeframe and I never thought that it would be receiving the attention that it is. Also, this piece was the inspiration for my novel Raymond's Daughters ... so, who knows?
Blessed by chele at 7:53 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?