odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
100th Episode
Thursday, January 19, 2006
This is my 100th post and I thought about reposting my 101 Things About Me list but decided against it. (I tried to link but couldn't -- the post was on my birthday: 10/17/05). Anyway, I’ve written 99 posts with no repeats so why start now? Who in the world would believe that I would have so much to say?

Me.

I really do talk a lot. That’s a nice way of saying I have a big mouth.

My mood has stabilized and I’m feeling a little better now … my mind still feels a little fuzzy but I’m not biting anyone’s head off. Although I did want to slap the taste out of the receptionist's mouth at my dentist’s office this morning for losing my daughter’s appointment and causing me to run an hour behind schedule for the rest of the day. Heffa.

When I began blogging in June I had no idea what “blog” meant. All I knew was that it was an opportunity for me to write down some stuff that I was thinking. The thought of commenting or being commented on didn’t even enter my mind. All I knew was that I had some stuff to say and no one in particular to say it to.

This was the very first comment that I received on my blog:

I hope I don't sound insincere. Your comments on my post regarding the craft and the diligence have been very encouraging to me. Thanks for keeping me going. Congratulations on your career. Wow, "Author". Don't downplay it. Though your life may not have changed yet overtly, there are many things coming over you. Keep it up. See you on the bestseller list.

It was a comment on a post titled “Insecurity Sucks” dated July 18, 2005. The commenter’s words were encouraging and thoughtful. I like that.

I also enjoy being challenged by those who comment. I like the commenter who makes me think. I don’t like being attacked and thankfully I have only had to delete one rude comment and two spammers. For the most part, those that comment are intelligent and have something worthwhile to contribute. And if they don’t then they won’t comment – which is cool too. Like I said, my initial intent was not to garner comments just to release what was on my mind.

I really love reading other people’s blogs. It’s almost like people watching at the mall. I watch people and try to imagine what their lives are like. Sometimes I create little stories in my head surrounding these people … it’s fun. I do the same thing with you bloggers.

Why are you on-line at 3:00 a.m.?
How come some of you post pictures and real names of people?
How come some of you “protect the innocent”? or guilty?

Why do some of you sound so sad?
How can some of you make everyday life sound so interesting?
Are all your stories real? (Mine are)
Does your immediate circle know you blog? (Mine doesn't)
Why are some of you just like me?

I appreciate this outlet to unload some stuff. I appreciate your presence in my life regardless of how small. You are some of the smartest, most insightful people that I have ever had the pleasure of … meeting.

Have you ever heard the AirTran Airways radio commercial where the guy doesn’t want to sit next to a sheep? That thing cracks me up. The guy tells the sheep’s owner that he doesn’t want to sit next to the sheep on the plane. The owner is all mad now because the other guy has hurt the sheep’s feelings and he says in a heavy Scottish accent: “Now look what you’ve gone and done! You’ve hurt her feelings. She’s not made of stone you know … she’s made of flesh and blood and, and … wool … just like me and you!”

That wasn’t smart or insightful. Just silly.


Blessed by chele at 4:23 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?