odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Joy and Pain
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
I just printed my boarding pass and I'm preparing for this trip. I wish I could get excited.

My father called me late last night and told me that my Nana had passed away yesterday afternoon. Nana was in her nineties and not in the best of health and she finally told my uncle that she was tired and was ready to go home. And that is what she did.

The one thing I remember about my Nana was that she used to call me "Young Lady". I haven't seen her in years. Before Christmas my father told me to send Nana a copy of my book. I never got around to it and now it's too late.

I mentioned here before about my Mama's indiscretion forty-one years ago. Without going into too much detail just let me say this: there are three men that claim me as a daughter: my stepfather (my mother's current husband) who raised me; my mother's first husband (who called me last night); and my biological father (the married man that knocked up my mom 41 years ago).

Still with me?

I know that the "Dad" who called me last night knows the truth. We've discussed it and as far as he's concerned I'm his kid. But I wonder if my Nana went to sleep believing that I was her granddaughter.
Blessed by chele at 6:03 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?