odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Travel T ips
Monday, January 09, 2006
I’ll be leaving for Vegas in a couple of days and instead of being excited about the trip – I’m just tripping.

First of all, I’m not a fan of air travel. I’ll get over that thanks to Mr. V.

Secondly, what should I pack? I’m thinking casual during the day (slacks and sweaters) but what about the evenings? Is every event dressy? We may hit a casino or two (I’m not a big gambler) and we’ll be going to the Flamingo to see George Wallace. My sister may want to go to a club. Oh yeah, we’re going to the spa at Mandalay Bay, too.

Other than that, I plan to do some shopping and to hit some nice restaurants. I know I must sound like a fuddy-duddy … but for real, I don’t go to clubs and party all night now so I’m not gonna switch gears because I’m on vacation. I love to eat out, I love to drink red wine and/or Cosmopolitans and I don’t mind throwing some dough into a slot machine.

What should I wear? This wouldn't be an issue if it was summertime: the less clothing the better.

Side Note: So, I'm chillin in the living room with the object of my affection. He looks at the diamond ring that I wear on the middle finger of my left hand (that I bought) and he says, "You should switch that to your other finger."

Me: What other finger?

Him: Your ring finger

Me: Why?

Him: To show that you're taken

Me: (looking at both his hands) And what do you wear to show that you're taken.

Him: touche'

Needless to say, my ring is staying on my middle finger.



Blessed by chele at 3:58 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?