I'm feeling pretty festive today. I'm just in a really good mood. My house is quiet and I'm working on my second cup of coffee and I just feel very peaceful.
I'm actually going to finish my Christmas shopping today!
Gift cards for my two nieces and nephew
Wine and cheese basket for my boss
Holiday Scratchers (lottery tickets) for two coworkers
I still haven't decided if I'm getting anything for my ... I don't know what to call him ... boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, the guy I'm dating sometimes ... who the hell knows? I'll just call him "Buuud" (ala Rudy Huxtable). I'll probably wait until the last minute just in case he decides to act up.
My company Christmas party is tonight. I am not excited about that. I didn't even buy a new outfit. I love my job, but the folks there really like to get drunk and high-five each other all the time. Not really my scene but I've already been labeled the "anti-social Black chick in the corner" so I've decided to make an appearance. Buuuud has hired a car and we'll make an appearance for an hour or two.
I'm really excited about my new furniture arriving on Thursday. Just a little gift I got for myself. I figured out a long time ago that if you want nice gifts at Christmas you really have to buy them yourself! I bought a new living room set and I can't wait for it to get here. I bought this huge overstuffed chair and ottoman that I'm going to put right by the fireplace ... I can just see myself snuggling up in that chair and reading a good book ... it won't be facing the television so the kids will never sit in it ~she rubs her hands together and laughs like the evil genius that she is ... he he he ~ I feel like Archie Bunker when it comes to "my chair".
I spent last evening at a high school step show that my daughter was performing in. My ex-husband was there and we talked and laughed like we didn't have a care in the world. It's amazing to me that I can actually have a civil conversation with this man ... I've hated him for so long. I even bought him a few presents (from the kids). I'm such a friggin' grown up!
I hope you all have a blessed and safe Christmas. It falls on a Sunday this year -- will you all be in church? We're having one service at 9:00 a.m. My kids will be up at 5:00 ready to open their presents ... I don't know but I don't think the Pastor should count on seeing me. I'll try to make it for Watch Night Service.
Coming Soon ... Resolutions for 2006