odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Making Preparations
Monday, November 28, 2005
*******

Wanna hear something crazy?

I remember having a conversation with a girlfriend a few years ago. She is a smoker and out of the blue just decided one day that she would quit smoking. I thought it was great and she was doing really well with quitting – she even convinced her husband to do the same. Over the next few weeks, I noticed that she seemed kind of irritable. She would always say, “Don’t mind me girl, I’m getting ready to start my period.” Then I noticed that she had been using that excuse for more than a month. Finally, I said to her, “Debbie, you’ve been starting your period for more than a month … hasn’t it come yet?” She stopped dead in her tracks and thought for a minute. When she checked the calendar she realized that she was late and eventually confirmed that she was pregnant.

I always thought it was interesting that she decided to quit smoking well before she knew that she was pregnant. Almost as if something inside her knew that she had to prepare for this baby even before she knew there was a baby to prepare for.

I said all that to say this:

I recently refinanced my house and cashed out a nice percentage of the equity. I’m putting away most of it for my children’s’ education and I’ll make some home improvements with the rest.

So, I’m wondering if my subconscious is telling me to make all these preparations for my kids because something is about to happen to me that I’m not aware of yet.

I told you it was crazy. Don’t mind me, I’m in a mood today.
Blessed by chele at 2:54 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?