Dear _____________
I know this is totally unexpected and you may or may not appreciate the intrusion, however, I felt compelled to write to you ever since I saw you and *Black at the bridal show. The two of you looked so cute together – visiting each vendor’s table and picking up samples. I’m sure your ceremony will be beautiful. Your parents must be pretty well off. I only say this because after making at least five monthly child support payments (of which I get one) there can’t be much dough left for an extravagant wedding. Good luck with that.
Isn’t love wonderful? You must be so happy. My children say that you’re “pretty cool” and I’ll have to take their word for it – I know we’ll never be formally introduced. What do you think of my kids? Aren’t they beautiful? I will commend Black for not abandoning my son after our divorce. After all, he’s not his biological father but the only real father he has ever known. I hope that this is not a problem for you. And if it ever becomes one be sure not to act up in the presence of my children. Otherwise, I can guarantee that we will meet face to face and it won’t be pretty. Don’t let the light skin fool you, Boo.
One thing I will never understand though, is how your husband-to-be could have intentionally hurt his daughter the way he did. I’m sure he must have told you that he called her and said that since she acts like she doesn’t need him than he won’t be contacting her anymore. She was ten years old at the time. All this stemming from the fact that she didn’t call him on Father’s Day. They have since reconciled and they speak when the spirit moves him. They both seem to have forgotten my daughter’s tears on the day her father broke her heart for the first time. Rest assured, I have not forgotten.
Anyway, enough about the kids. How many times have you said that to him, huh? Anyway, here’s an unsolicited word of advice: keep your own bank account, girl. Seriously, I’m not sure what the problem is, but after we split I opened up a different account at another bank. I never closed our joint savings account and I just left the $5 in there to keep it open. Do you know every time the interest goes up another $5 he withdraws it? What is that about? Is he that hard up for cash?
I’ll admit that Black may have done some growing up and isn’t the same man that I once vowed everlasting love to. One can only hope. I mean he was twenty when we got married and he’s thirty-three now – he must be a completely different person now. I’m sure the two of you will live happily ever after. Hey, does he still pull that “Do you want anything from the store?” trick? You know, when he asks you if you want something from the store, you say no, he leaves for several hours and comes back empty handed. When you ask what he got from the store, he replies: “I never said I was going to the store, I just wanted to know if you wanted anything from the store while I was out.” That shit used to burn my ass.
Again, I’m sure he’s all grown up now. I’ll bet he never tries to compete with you or make you feel guilty because you have goals and aspirations of your own. He probably doesn’t take the bill money (that you’ve already written checks against) out of the bank so he can have “pocket money”. And I’m sure that he has finally gotten it into his head that the wives of his friends are definitely, absolutely, positively OFF LIMITS.
Good luck, girl.
Chele