First of all, I stole this idea from Princess Dominique but since it is my birthday I'll take it as a gift from her. I become very introspective on my birthday and here are 101 things that I know about myself:
1. Today is my birthday
2. I’m a recovering choco-holic
3. I prefer heels to tennis shoes
4. I love Lifetime television
5. I knew at 17 that I wanted to be a mother
6. At 19 I told my mother that I wanted to have kids but not a husband – she freaked
7. I had my first child at 26
8. I have dated out of my race four times
9. I married out of my race once
10. When I’m under stress I can’t eat
11. I don’t believe in soul mates
12. I know how to fake an orgasm
13. I can’t swallow pills
14. I have never dated a man that made more money than me
15. I pray everyday
16. I’ve been keeping a journal for 26 years
17. I started a new journal today
18. I have anger issues
19. I met my biological father for the first time when I was 19 years old
20. I never saw or spoke to him again after that meeting
21. I screen my phone calls
22. My very best friend is a man
23. I spend $70 every six weeks for a facial
24. My favorite cartoon character is Bugs Bunny
25. My favorite Christmas Special is the Grinch Who Stole Christmas
26. I have a hard time gaining weight
27. I like to make love with the lights on
28. And in front of a mirror
29. I once joined a dating service – total waste of time
30. I went ‘commando’ on a flight to Atlanta
31. I can’t swim
32. In 2nd grade I was thrown into a pool and almost drowned
33. I love sushi
34. I had my first cigarette in 5th grade
35. I stole one of my father’s Pall Mall (unfiltered) cigarettes
36. I smoke when I’m stressed
37. God’s greatest gift – hot showers
38. I lost my virginity at age 16
39. For 15 years I thought I was 5 feet 8 inches tall
40. I’m only 5 feet 6-1/2 inches tall
41. I color my hair
42. Sometimes I sneak into my childrens’ rooms after they fall asleep to make sure their breathing. My kids are 15 and 11.
43. I cannot tolerate rude children
44. My younger sister is my hero
45. I love Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food
46. I don’t like to be called ma’am
47. I call everyone ma’am
48. I never click over when the call waiting beeps
49. I would rather die than throw up
50. Luke 7:37-50 is my favorite passage in the Bible
51. I had a breakdown on my 30th birthday
52. I am hopelessly in love with Richard T. Jones
53. I live in the south and can’t stand sweet tea
54. Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path is my favorite fragrance
55. I love public displays of affection
56. I’m a Preacher’s Kid
57. I used to think that I would preach
58. I like going to the movies alone
59. I love fresh flowers
60. I used to wear a jheri curl
61. John 14 is my second favorite passage in the Bible
62. I wish I had a better relationship with my mother
63. Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday
64. I write poetry
65. I like the sound of a man’s laughter
66. I become irrational when I see one of my children cry
67. I used to read Penthouse forum
68. My shoe size is 10
69. I don’t like visiting people in the hospital
70. I prefer shopping online than going to the store
71. I’m not sweet
72. I wish my butt was bigger
73. I have really big eyes and I like when people notice them
74. I gave birth to two children with no drugs
75. I’m an Iota Sweetheart (ΙΦΘ)
76. I like to play dress-up
77. I talk to the screen in the movie theater
78. I never leave the house without my license and lipstick
79. I never eat ribs in public
80. After my first marriage ended I made a $50 bet with my sister that I would never marry again. I lost.
81. I will never marry again
82. I believe I look and feel better now than I did twenty years ago
83. I read self-help books
84. A year ago I lied to my doctor to get a prescription for Xanax
85. I have a beautiful smile
86. I was 40 years old the first (and only) time I had sex in an automobile
87. I can only eat microwave popcorn at work
88. I’m an excellent listener and a cheerleader to everyone
89. Sometimes I get sick of the sound of my own voice
90. I prefer dresses to slacks
91. I have to go to sleep to the sound of the television – usually Roseanne
92. I do not believe in love at first sight
93. I used to be a Sunday school teacher
94. I like younger men
95. I love to slow dance
96. There is a spot on the back of my neck that only a few very talented men have found
97. I was a cheerleader in the 7th grade
98. I ran track in the 10th grade
99. I was in the drama club in the 9th grade
100. One of the first things I notice about a man is his bottom lip
101. And the way he smells