Island Boy was fantastic. The bassist even dedicated a song to me -- Black Magic Woman. He succeeded in making me smile. It had been a while since I had seen a live band other than my ex's and it was a good time. I'm working on filling up my weekends with stuff to do. Otherwise I will lie around the house like a slug and spend too much time thinking about all the things that have gone wrong in my life. When I should be counting my blessings. But this life is a process, right? I did make some progress this weekend -- I cooked an entire meal! It felt good being in the kitchen again and even though I suffered from momentary heart pains because I wasn't cooking for him I got through it. Not only did I cook but I ate like a pig which is defintely a positive sign. Unlike most people, when I am stressed I don't turn to food for comfort. On the contrary -- when I'm stressed I don't eat for days.
So far, I have a few interesting things planned ... The Gospel is opening this weekend so I'll see that on Friday. One of the local churches is sponsoring a Women of Worth conference (www.calvarycommunity.org) and I plan to check that out on Saturday. The following weekend, which is my birthday weekend I'll be attending the Annual Wine Festival at Towne Point Park (www.festevents.org) . That should be really fun. I've never gone to a wine tasting before but after seeing Sideways (the movie) I became intrigued.
Here's something I thought to write over the weekend.
One Day I'll drive down the street and not look for your car
One Day I'll walk into the house and not check the caller ID for your number
One Day I'll wake up and not feel an overwhelming sense of loss
One Day I'll pull up in front of my house and not expect to see you there waiting for me
One Day I'll accept that this thing is really over
One Day I'll believe that this is for the best
One Day I'll be able to look back on our time together and smile
Why not today?