odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Dancing? Yeah Dancing
Thursday, October 13, 2005
I started my dance class last week. I didn't comment until now because I'm going back tonight and I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

Let's see. It's an Adult Hip Hop class and it is filled with women my age and one guy. The instructor is also male. Since I joined the class late I had to just jump in and figure out the steps on my own. No individual instruction. Thankfully, my sister is in the class and was able to help me and my very talented daughter, who has a photographic memory, was able to watch the steps and come home and show them to me.

I left the class last week a little discouraged. I mean, I am not rhythmically challenged. I can dance. The choreography is very precise and I'm more of a freestyle kind of gal. I've been practicing all week and I'm praying that tonight's class will be better. The good news is, this is really just play time -- they don't start to get serious until January when they begin rehearsing for the performance in June. So I do have some time to get the hang of this.

On another note ...

My sisters and I got together last night and decided that the three of us are going to take a trip to Vegas at the beginning of the year. Both my sisters are married and I kind of think that they think they need to do something with me to cheer me up. What the hell? I've always wanted to go to Vegas and better a pity trip than none at all, right? I figure by January, I'll be out of the doldrums anyway and ready to party. The holidays will be over and a brand new year always gives me a great feeling. I love to start new things. Needless to say I'm really looking forward to it.

My sisters have almost nothing in common, except for the fact that they both married Naval Officers named "Mike". Once in Vegas, my older sister wants to go to a spa and get pampered while my younger sister wants to drink and gamble. I want to be pampered by a gambler. Drinks are optional. This ought to be fun.

Update: No retail therapy this week!
Blessed by chele at 3:37 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?