Good News: It seems that my mammogram shows no evidence of malignancy and they are recommending that I schedule another one in a year. The official results read as follows:
The breasts are densely fibroglandular. Two adjacent punctuate calcifications are seen in the inferior left breast. No skin thickening or retraction is seen.
Good News Delayed: The pelvic ultrasound shows bilateral ovarian cysts. The cyst on the right ovary is three times larger than the cyst on the left ovary and it has, what the doctor calls “walls” running through it. The good news (according to her) is that they were described as cysts and not a “mass” or “growth”. Anyway, she’s referring me to someone else so they can determine if the cyst on the right side should come out.
Ain’t getting older, great? Seriously, I’m not concerned.
In the meantime, I’m counting down to Vegas, Baby! 14 days and I’ll be in Sin City. My sister and I haven’t been on vacation together in years. Lord knows we need the break. Truth be told – I’d rather be spending this time with the object of my affection but he was seriously acting up when the plans were being made – which is why we made the plans (so I could get away from his ass).
New Year’s Eve is going to be quiet. I have absolutely no plans, which is probably for the best. I like to spend midnight with the kids and this may be the last one that my son will want to hang out at home.
I’m having an attack of the **melancholies**. That happens whenever I think about my son moving out. Not that I don’t want him to – I do. But I think most women feel this way about their first-born. He’s my baby. When I told him I was going to the doctor yesterday he asked me if I had cancer. I said, “I hope not.” I had a conversation with my beloved over the weekend about our purpose for being here. I believe that my purpose is to raise my children. Once I do that I will be able to leave here peacefully. Does that sound nuts? I just want to see them safely into adulthood.