I had a great time in Vegas. I enjoyed every minute of my stay there. We dined at great restaurants (Mon Ami Gabi, Mesa Grill) , saw some good shows (George Wallace), spent time at the Mandalay Bay Spa and The House of Blues and I did more shopping than I should have. What the hell? It was my vacation, right?
However, I’m not ashamed to say that when I stepped off the plane I felt like Ellie Mae Clampitt arriving in Beverly Hills for the first time. I’m not naïve. I’m not some dumb hick who hasn’t been anywhere … but damn … Vegas is nuts. In a good way – I guess. When I was sharing some of my stories with a man during my return flight he smiled, shrugged and said, “It’s not weird, it’s just Vegas.” Let me elaborate.
Shopping at Bernini – Beautiful Italian clothing store. I tried on a pair of jeans that fit perfectly – like a glove. When I came out of the dressing room, the smarmy salesman looked me up and down and says with a very thick Italian accent, “You need a smaller size, baby.” The only way I was fitting into a smaller size would be to paint them on.
Brides – I must have seen a dozen brides if I saw one. Brides in white gowns, brides in jeans … I saw one bride in a Supergirl outfit – with a cape and tights and another in a white bodysuit and white boots. Yeah, that’s a great story for the grandkids.
Weddings – Of course. I saw two weddings: one was in a gondola in the middle of the Venetian Hotel and the other was also in the Venetian, but on dry land.
M&M’s – Why is M&M World right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip? What does the little candy that melts in your mouth not in your hand have to do with Vegas?
Cleavage – I understand you just bought them and you want to show them off, but damn! Do I need to see it? Seriously, it’s forty degrees and the wind is blowing – is a tube top really appropriate?
Modesty in the Locker Room – There is none. I don’t frequent the gym so I don’t know what goes on in the ladies’ locker room. So, imagine my surprise when I completed my spa treatment and entered the common area and saw more naked bodies than I have ever seen in one place. The pool area was clothing optional and most opted not to wear any.
Photo Magic – We visited a photo shop where the photographer will put your face on someone else’s body. I’d post the picture I took … but (1) I don’t know how and (2) I don’t want to incriminate myself.
A good time was had by all. I would definitely go back but not anytime soon. And when I do go back it will be for a shorter stay. I didn’t do any gambling – just not my thing but I did get a chance to do everything else that I wanted to do. I’m glad to be home but it sucks that I need to get some rest to recover from the vacation. I had to come to work today and my body is still on west coast time.
I can’t wait to start reading to see what you all have been up to.