
The title of my second book is Confessions of a Beautiful Woman. It will be available on-line soon and before you start rollin’ your eyes and gettin’ all janky let me explain:
Confessions is a compilation of thoughts, essays and poetry that I have written over the last five years. I picked the ones that I really liked and included them in this book. I got the idea from Maya Angelou when Wouldn’t Take Nothing For My Journey Now was released. I am not comparing myself to Dr. Angelou as a writer, but I think my book is just as valid.
These thoughts, essays and poetry expose feelings that I know millions of women share. I know I’m not the only one that has gotten divorced or has a spoiled daughter or loved someone who was emotionally unavailable … I know I ain’t the only one! At the same time, I truly believe that ALL women are beautiful … some of us exhibit some ugly ways (and we need to cut that shit out!) but we are all beautiful. Therefore, these are the confessions of all beautiful women.
I told someone the title and they rolled their eyes at me like I was trying to be conceited or something! Not so! I’m not conceited … I am beautiful but that is beside the point. Hell, we all know that for every beautiful woman that you see there is a man somewhere who is tired of her ass! My point is that the person who rolled their eyes is a beautiful woman who doesn’t believe she is. A woman who can’t embrace her own beauty has a difficult time when others embrace theirs. For some reason the perception is that in order for me to say that I look good, that means that I’m implying that you don’t. Is that crazy?
I’ve never been the kind of woman who has to wait for a compliment. Don’t get it twisted I’m grateful when I get them. But I don’t need anyone to validate me. Now, if I was as dumb as a box of rocks than I should probably just sit my pretty behind down in a corner somewhere and shut the hell up. Thankfully, I’ve still got a brain cell or two left that never fail me. I’m the first one to point out my flaws: my feet are big, I’d like to be a little heavier and after 15 months of breast feeding I could really use a lift, but that doesn’t change the fact that I am a beautiful woman on the inside and the outside.
Embrace your beauty ladies!