They say that we dream every night. I never remember my dreams. Except for the one I had last night.
My sister and I lived in this big beautiful house that our mother left to us. For some reason, my father decides that he is going to move in and immediately start changing things around the house. He took over the big bedroom and he's putting all kinds of crazy stuff on the walls. His presence is making things very uncomfortable for us to the point where we just can't take it anymore. While my sister decides to suck it up and deal with it, I decided to move out and find my own place. "I'm going back to the beach!" I declared in the dream. It was scary at first but at the end of the dream I'm riding off on a little beach cruiser-type bicycle with a smile on my face.
Now, I'm not much on dream interpretation. It's been said that dreams can tell you when something is about to happen or they can confirm that something has already happened. In my case this dream is confirmation.
Let's just say that I have been in an uncomfortable situation for a while and I finally took positive steps to get out of it. It took a lot of praying and faith but I did what I had to do. In the dream, my "father" represents God shaking up my so-called happy life until it is so uncomfortable for me I have to make a change. I made this change 11 days ago and I believe that this dream is confirmation that I did the right thing.
Any thoughts?
p.s. Shawn -- don't start calling me "Spiritual", okay?