odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
My Perfect Soundtrack
Monday, February 06, 2006
I got this idea from Ddot and I thought I’d give it a try … introducing my perfect soundtrack:


1. A favorite political track – Abraham, Martin & John (Richard Holler)

The first political song I remember hearing as a child.

2. Song that makes you dance no matter what – Push It (Salt ‘n Pepa)

This song is only for the sexy people ...

3. Song you’d use to tell someone you love them – You Bring Me Joy (Anita Baker)

You can't go wrong with Ms. Baker

4. Song that has made you sit down and analyze it’s lyrics - Brown Sugar (D’angelo)

I had to understand the 'weed' connection

5. Song you like, that a two year old would like as well – Summertime – Will Smith

summer, summer, summer time ... who doesn't like summer time?

6. Song that gives you an energy boost – Grown and Sexy (Babyface)

Because I am

7. A song you and your grandparents would like – God Bless the Child (Billie Holiday)

8. Song you really liked when you were 14-16, and still really like now – I'm Only Human (Human League) I like the twist at the end of this song. Human League was the bomb!

9. Sad song that would be in the soundtrack of the movie about your life - On My Own (Patti LaBelle)

10. Peppy song that would start the opening credits in the movie of your life – I’m Coming Out (Diana Ross)

11. Good song from a genre of music no one would guess that you liked – Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix) I have a thing for guitar players

12. Song that you think should have been playing when you were born – Isn’t She Lovely? (Stevie Wonder)

13. A favorite artist duo collaboration – Endless Love (Diana Ross & Lionel Ritchie)

14. A favorite song that you completely disagree with (politically, morally,commonsenically, religiously etc.) – O.P.P. (Naughty By Nature) I'm ashamed to say that I know all the lyrics to this song

15. The song that you like despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it. – Shake Ya Tailfeather (Diddy, Nelly, Murphy Lee) "... so when you shake it I see your thong" what the hell?


16. Your smooth song for relaxing Anything by Kem

17. A song you would send to someone you hate or are mad at – I’m a Survivor (Destiny’s Child) Living well is the best revenge

18. A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group" – Pure Gold (Earth, Wind & Fire)

19. A song that makes you reminisce about good times with a family member – Meeting in the Ladies Room (Klymaxx) Sneaking into the club with my sister and knowing that we were ALL THAT!

20. Your favorite song at this moment in time - Be Blessed (Yolanda Adams)




Blessed by chele at 11:40 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?