Did I Say "Thank You"?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Mom – Even though it was a less-than-perfect scenario, I just want to thank you for deciding to go forward with your pregnancy and for giving birth to me.
Dad – It was a big responsibility to marry a woman who already had two big head daughters. I just want to thank you for stepping up and always being my Dad.
WS – Twenty-six years ago, you showed how sweet and innocent romantic love could be. It wasn’t a fairy tale, it was our life and I just want to thank you for providing me with such a beautiful memory.
JJ – I remember lying in my bed in the middle of the night convincing myself that I had no reason to live. Your cries from the next room gave me that reason. I just want to thank you for saving my life.
KM – You make our family complete. We have our moments but you always remind me that it is pointless to hold a grudge. I just want to thank you for keeping me sane.
Another KM – You made a tough decision and remained my friend. Your weekly phonecalls got me through one of the most devastating periods of my life. Can you believe he had my electricity turned off? I just want to thank you for helping me put the pieces back together.
TT – Even though it ended badly and today I think you are a selfish prick, you did create an opportunity for me that really helped me out financially. I just want to thank you for doing the right thing at the time.
MO – Remember when you said, “I can see all of this in a book.”? You constantly motivate and inspire me. I love you. I just want to thank you for always believing in me.
CC – I know what others say about you but I think you are really misunderstood. You authorized at least two pay increases and one promotion for me, every year for three years. I just want to thank you for recognizing the work I did and compensating me appropriately.
BD – You are an odd combination of strength and vulnerability and you encourage me to be the same. There is safety in your arms and there is no place I’d rather be. I just want to thank you for seeing all the flaws and deciding to love me anyway.
I'm just reminding myself that none of us can do it alone. Who do you need to thank today?