odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Sorry Dude, No Repeats
Sunday, April 09, 2006
The best line ever delivered to an ex who is trying sneak in the back door:

“Even on my worst day I was still the best thing that ever happened to you.”

That was the line that I delivered to my ex last night while we were on the phone. He agreed with me.

Of course he did. He’s trying to sneak back into the fold. He would have agreed to anything. I doubt he actually believes it.

I don’t know what his problem is. He’s engaged to another woman but he claims that lately he’s been doing a lot of reflective thinking about our marriage. “What happened?” seems to be the big question on his mind. He’s bothered by the fact that we get along so well now and we didn’t then. He’s bothered by the fact that we can talk so freely now and we couldn’t then. So, he asks me “Knowing what you know now, do you think that we could make a relationship work?”

What? Where is that coming from?

I answered in the negative. I let him down easy because I don’t try to purposely hurt anyone’s feelings. The truth is … In 2006, I know that you aren’t the most honest person in the world. In 2006, I know that you place the pursuit of material things above reaching long term goals and in 2006 you just have too many daggone kids and too many other baby-mamas. Not to mention the fact that you are engaged to another woman and trying to holla at your ex wife. That’s a no-no, Boo.

I've stopped reflecting on the past. I'm over that relationship and I have successfully moved on. I know that because I can have a conversation with him without wanting to bash in his skull. There is no emotional investment. He's a hottie but I am no longer attracted to him like that. The love has been gone for a long time and if he doesn't knock it off I'm gonna lose the little bit of respect that I still have for him.
Blessed by chele at 1:46 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?