I’m back from my weekend getaway. It was amazing and we had a wonderful time. I’ll spare ya’ll the details because after all, I am a lady. I will share this though: On Saturday we witnessed this couple checking in. They were an interesting pair. He was a white grey-haired gentleman probably in his sixties. She was a black woman probably in her forties, maybe early fifties. Both were marginally attractive. We thought they were an interesting couple. Later on as we sat on our balcony we spied this couple walking down the boardwalk. Damned if this guy wasn’t sagging his shorts down to his knees and damned if she wasn’t sporting a pair of Daisy Dukes (or a facsimile thereof) with her butt cheeks popping out of the bottom. They were all hugged up as they walked and then they decided to take a seat on a bench right below our balcony. He pulled her legs up into his lap and they were getting pretty affectionate on the boardwalk on that bench. We named them Buck and Boneefa. Something tells me that Buck refilled his “V” prescription at the start of the weekend because Boneefa had plans to put a hurtin’ on him. I love seeing stuff like this … basically for the comedy but also because they make great characters in future stories.
My daughter spent the weekend here and she said she really had a great time. But I think that between swimming all weekend long and the time change she wore herself out. She fell asleep without any dinner last night and she woke up feeling terrible. No fever but she was just out of it. I let her stay home this morning. I went home to check on her at lunch time and she seems to be doing better. I think she just needed some more rest. Hope she got it because her behind is getting up tomorrow.
I had to lecture my son one day last week about how he spends money. I have mistakenly led my child to believe that we have a daggone money tree in the backyard and now he needs to be retrained. I usually give him $20 on Saturdays just so he can have some pocket money. What bothers me is that when it comes time for him to get a haircut or take care of some other personal expenses he’s always crying broke. I have explained to him that he needs to take these necessary expenses into consideration when he’s wasting his money at the video store or McDonald’s.
Well, while I was on my way to pick him up from my sister’s house yesterday he called me and the first thing he said was, “I missed you Mommy.” My child is 15 years old. Usually when he calls me “Mommy” it means I’m about to be jacked. “I missed you too, J.” “Mommy?” “Yes?” “Do you think that we can go to Gamestop and get me a game today?” “You got some money?” He pauses. “Well, I was thinking that if I trade in some of my old games than we can use that towards buying the new game.” That boy always has a hustle going. I kind of rolled my eyes because we’ve done this trade in thing before and he usually just gets a couple bucks for his old games and I still have to come out of my pocket big time for his new game. “We’ll see,” was all I could say.
Okay, I took him to the video store armed with a book bag filled with old games. Damned if that little hustler didn’t get $71 for his old games! His new game cost $50 so we now had a $20 credit. I bought him the strategy guide too, so an $80 trip only ended up costing me $10. Not too shabby. When he really wants something his money management skills really kick in.
I love that song/poem/spoken word by the Phat Cat Players and Coco Brown called Sundress. Very cool. Very sexy. Very hot. I love the summer and everything it represents. Heat, hamburgers, cookouts, running through the sprinklers, cute sleeveless tops and cute sandals. I bought two pair of very cute sandals yesterday. Unfortunately, it’s raining really bad here today. It’s still kind of early in the season to be having my feet all out anyway.
I actually sat down at my keyboard (piano) yesterday and practiced for at least an hour. I’m learning to play “What a Wonderful World”. I’ve already learned “If I Ain’t Got You” … except for the beginning part where she plays those sets of triples. My finger coordination isn’t that great yet and my timing is a little off.
This time change is messing with me too. I am so ready for nap.
I don’t know what was wrong with me last night. I was an emotional basket case. I was laying on the couch watching Grey’s Anatomy and crying like a baby. Then I watched an episode of Sex and the City that I had probably seen a dozen times and I cried over that too. Sheeeeesh! I’m such a girl.