odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
I've Been Tagged
Saturday, March 25, 2006
My good friend Nikki has taken it upon herself to tag me. In almost ten months of blogging I have managed to escape this horrible fate. Alas, I am a good sport so I am going to oblige. By the way, if any of you have not been to Nikki's blog you really ought to head over there. This sista has a way of expressing herself that will blow you away. She's honest and strong and vulnerable all at the same time. Sometimes I just want to reach out and hug her and then other times I think I should duck because she's about to knock me out. Check her out.

I have been tasked with listing the 10 Attributes of My Perfect Lover. I find this interesting. Had someone asked me this question 20 years ago I wouldn't have known what to say. I didn't know what I wanted and consequently I accepted anything. Now, at 41 I have a very clear picture of what I DON'T want. Here is what I do want:

Must be honest – I can take a lot of things but lying is not one of them. I can’t think of anything worse than being lied to by someone who claims to love you.

Financially stable – This doesn’t mean he has to have a lot of money. He just has to know how to manage the money he has.

Emotionally stable – I can’t take a man who flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. He can’t allow his emotions to control his behavior. I suffer from horrible mood swings and I need someone to balance me out.

Decisive – Don’t be afraid to make a damn decision. Don’t be wishy-washy.

Must know God
– Not necesarily a Bible beater but he has to know that everything he is and everything he has is because of God. He must acknowledge that he cannot stand on his own without God.

Kind – Kindness is sexy. Kindness toward old people. Kindness toward children. Kindness toward animals. Just be kind.

Creative or Artistic – Being able to express oneself creatively is important to me. Writing is a huge part of my life and I cannot even explain why ... isn't that ironic? Anyway, only other writers understand why writers write. Creativity understands creativity.


Big & Tall – I know this is superficial but I need a man to be taller than me. And it's okay if he's a little heavy too. It makes me feel protected. For all my strength and independence, ultimately I still want a man to comfort me and tell me that everything will be okay.

Good Listener – I need someone who can just sit and listen sometimes without feeling the need to take action or “fix it”. Just hear me.

Know when it’s time to take charge – I love a man who can stay calm in the middle of chaos and just handle a situation.

I don't think this is asking for a lot. It's pretty daggone reasonable if you ask me. In my current situation I have found 8 out of 10 ... which ain't too shabby. ;-)


I'm not going to tag anyone in particular so if you're reading this consider yourself tagged.



Blessed by chele at 1:12 PM | Permalink |
Who links to me?