I'm at home today. I have some contractors here replacing the windows on the first floor of my house. Actually, three windows and a sliding glass door. Besides the noise I like being at home. I've already gotten two loads of laundry started, mopped the kitchen floor, vaccuumed the living and dining rooms and it's only 10:00 a.m! This is much more than I would have gotten accomplished had I gone to work.
Still, I don't think I have what it takes to be a stay at home Mom. Especially, since both my kids are in school. The good thing is, I'm going to the grocery store so they will have a good dinner tonight. I'm thinking about fresh collard greens and "real" macaroni and cheese. I haven't decided on the meat ... probably chicken. I made a big ass pot of gumbo on Sunday. It was my first time making it and it was the bomb! How do I know? Because there was enough food for about 15 people and there are no leftovers. I fed myself, the kids, my sister and my two nieces and I sent some home for my brother-in-law. I also sent a bowl over to B. Everyone loved it. I was dreaming about gumbo on Saturday night ... don't ask me why. I got up on Sunday, found a recipie on the internet and got to cookin'. I love when a plan comes together.
I have been feeling under the weather for the past week. I never get sick so I don't know what my problem is. Not really sick, just sluggish, coughing and a headache. I'm just now getting my energy back but the headache lingers.
It's almost spring time. I love the spring. I absolutely BLOOM in the warm weather. For real, I do. My attitude gets better and I look and feel better.
I found a note in my son's bedroom from some fast little girl. It said, "Hey Sweetness! I know you're not interested in me but I am very, very, very interested in you. Would you please consider being my valentine?"
OMG! Okay, this girl is slick. She has written several notes to my son and she is always careful never to put any names in them. She also never mentions anything specific. She's a pro. What I don't get is that if she knows that he ain't feelin' her, why does she keep coming after him? Fast heffa!
My daughter is preparing to go to a pre-teen ball sponsored by the local mega-church. It's her first semi-formal affair and we have to go shopping this weekend for a dress and shoes. This is going to be an experience. I know she's gonna want something all hoochie-fied. She's 11. We'll have to come to some sort of understanding or her happy hips will be sitting on the couch with me.