Should a person expect to gain personal fulfillment from their job or should a paycheck be enough?
Oh sure, it would be nice to be able to make a living doing something you love but how many of us are actually doing that? How many of us bound out of bed in the morning and rush to work anxiously anticipating the start of another work day? Not me.
What I have realized though is that I make a good living doing something that is bearable which allows me to take long weekends like the one I just had--fully equipped with a hot tub and champagne breakfast. Money does not buy happiness but it does provide choices. If I didn't have my crappy job I would be lounging in my own bathtub, bubbles provided by Joy and sipping on Kool-aid.
So today I will finish my coffee and get dressed and drive to work. I'll do my job and quietly thank God that I have it as I plan my next romantic getaway.