odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
Saturday
Saturday, June 25, 2005
It's finally here. The best day of the week. Thankfully, I don't have to do anything I don't want to do. I don't have to send a fax or print out a spreadsheet. I don't have to say, "what I can I help you with" not one time if I don't want to. I'm up early to keep an appointment for a facial which is my one out-of-the-house beauty indulgence and I've been looking forward to lying on that table and letting Debra Sue have her way with my weary pores.

I also have to drop my car off for an oil change. I was never meant to drive. I think that God truly wanted me to have a driver in this life. Maybe I'll have one in the next. I've been driving for twenty-four years and I've managed to blow two engines. Two. I've finally learned the art of motor vehicle maintenance. Anyway, I'm dropping my car off at the shop for the oil change. Luckily, the shop is about a block away from the salon. I thought it was lucky. The last time my oil change coincided with my facial I thought it would be smart to drop the car off and walk the block to the salon, get my facial and walk back to pick up my car. Makes sense, right? Well, why did my beloved blow a gasket when he found out that I was walking the street (his terminology)? He informed me that when I dropped off the car I should have called him for a ride to the salon and was quite pissed off because I didn't. Now, for a woman like me -- strong, independent and impatient -- that made about as much sense as Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Anyway, illogical or not, he's meeting me at the garage this morning to pick me up and take me to the salon which is a block away.

We have a gig tonight. My beloved and I make up an acoustic duo - him on guitar and me on vocals. I'm looking forward to being in the smoke-filled room listening to the drunks in the back of the room scream out "Skinnard!", "Free Bird!" At this point, my beloved will give the crowd the finger and say into the mic, "No charge." We've been singing together for a while now and I used to drink tea before each gig, now I take a shot of tequila.

Funny how things change.
Blessed by chele at 7:21 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?