odi et amo
Links
Really Old Stuff
Yesterday's News
My Daily Reads

Check 'em Out!
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
New Faith
Monday, August 28, 2006
So I went to a new church yesterday. If you’ve read me for a while you know about my love-hate relationship with so-called church folk. I love the Lord but his people get on my last nerve.

Well, B was telling me about this church and it sounded interesting so we decided to go.

Here are the Top 10 reasons why I’ll visit again:

10. Not an ounce of pretension in sight


9. No reserved parking for the Pastor and First Lady

8. When introduced to the Pastor he said, “Call me Chuck.”

7. No church hats

6. Not one single neck tie

5. Whole service lasted less than two hours

4. I wasn’t reminded a dozen times of the importance of tithing.

3. Beautiful praise and worship service

2. Faith based Bible teaching

1. No service next week because of the holiday weekend. Chuck believes it would be beneficial for people to spend quality time with their families during the long weekend.

Family first? What a concept.
Blessed by chele at 8:45 AM | Permalink |
Who links to me?